There are many ways that you can make an ouija board, that’s the beauty of it all! I normally just make mine out of card. That was until I bought a glow in the dark one off Ebay, but I’ve not noticed any real difference in terms of response between them. You do NOT have to invest in a “real” ouija board to start, you can easily do it yourself!
A pair of scissors
An A4 sheet of card (or bigger)
A pen or a marker
A glass or a penny.
Some paste (optional)
- Start by writing out all of the letters in a row. Make sure that the characters are large enough to read. I recommend using two rows instead of cramping all of them into one row.
- In the row below that write out all of the numbers 0-9.
- You’ll also need to write out “Yes”, “No” and “Goodbye” symbols, which will make communicating with the spirits easier.
- In past seances I’ve used others phrases which were specific to the spirit I was trying to contact.
- Once you’ve finished writing out the characters, numbers and phrases, begin to cut out them out neatly, ensuring that you keep them in seperate piles (believe me, this will save you some bother in the long run!)
- You can skip this step if you don’t want to create a permanent board at this time. Apply paste to the back of each character and leave it to sit for a few seconds before affixing it to the board. Have a look below at the various ways you can lay it out. Remember there are no hard and fast rules for laying out the Ouija, it should just be as accessible for both you and the spirit as possible.
- If you’ve pasted the letters onto the board, leave it to dry beside a radiator for half an hour.
- You should now be ready to play Ouija!